[How To] Connect PS3 Controller To PC On Windows 10 (SCP DS3 Method)
Today’s tutorial shows you how to get the PS3 controller recognized in Windows 10 as an xbox 360 controller so you can play all the latest games. You can do this through USB or through bluetooth. I got it working in less than 2 minutes, so you should too!
1) If for some reason drivers are not being installed, look into disabling driver signature enforcement. Link here: http://tinyurl.com/pj3xaea
2) For some gamers, it helps to restart the PC after install process is done.
3) Inside your root folder, right click the scpdriver.exe, go to properties, and see if you have an unblock button? If you do, unblock it. Do the same for all other EXE files and then retry install process.
4) For those who are having problems, try unzipping the download file, then rezipping it yourself and unzipping it again. This will mark the files as made by your own computer and unblock them automatically. You can then follow the steps as normal and it should work fine.
5) Did you remember to right click the .zip file and go to properties to see if there is an unblock button? If yes, unblock and then extract all files and follow the tutorial.
6) Make sure SCP Server and SCP Monitor is on!
7) Tips from a user:
“i removed the ps3 controller driver on windows, removed the scarlet blabla production folder. redownload the rar file. reboot pc and then connect the ps3 controller and install the driver. i always have to keep the scpmonitor.exe launched otherwise its not working”
8) Tips from a second user:
“After i disabled the driver signature enforcment i tried to unzip the 2 download files and ziped them by myself to finaly unzip them one last time like you wrote it in the troubleshooting tips. After that i followed the steps and it installed all the drivers. Scp monitor detected my controller without scp server but when i unpluged my controller it didn’t want to pair with bluetooth. I just had to plug/unplug it one more time to make it work. ”
9) Try the ScpToolkit and it might work for you: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded
10) If a particular game doesn’t recognize your game controller, delete the xinput1_3.dll file (or rename it) in the game folder.
11) Tips from a third user:
“If someone failed to install the Bluetooth Driver, here is what worked to me. It’s an easy solution. The first time I tried to install the 5 drivers, everything got installed except the Bluetooth Driver. So I tried to uninstall the drivers and then force install the drivers as shown in the video. The results showed me that the Bluetooth Driver was installed as well with the other drivers, but it wouldn’t be connected. What I did then, is to force install JUST the Bluetooth Driver without uninstalling anything. AND KABOOM, IT WORKED! But it also did install one more driver that didn’t got installed from before, which was the Bus Driver. I think that this was the missing driver/thing for my Bluetooth solution. I don’t know if it will work for everyone, but it’s worth a try.”
12) Tips from a fourth user:
“I found how to make it work!!! If you have installed the Xbox 360 driver for windows you will find it is only available for windows 7 and older. Before you run SCPdrivers.exe you have to right click it, go to properties, compatibility and select ”Run this program in compatibility mod for:” and select windows 7. Then do as he does in the video. Hope this helps”
13) Tips from a fifth user about bluetooth:
“And for Bluetooth Adapters that don’t wanna work with SCP DS3, or just have compatibility issues, use Zadig! It’s that folder in the SCP DS3 folder he was in with all the programs for SCP DS3, and it’ll have a Program inside of the Zadig folder that forces pretty much ANY Bluetooth Adapter to be compatible and work with the SCP DS3, since BD Adapters can be kinda finicky towards this kind of shit, so before you all go out and replace/buy another BD Adapter, try out Zadig first!”
*Links For the Video*
Bluetooth dongle confirmed working: http://tinyurl.com/ouzxqmd
Video tutorial for multiple controllers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU4R2aG8rmg
Wallpaper (See 2015 gallery): http://versatileninja.minus.com
**Stay Connected With Our Videos**
Project Phoenix Media: http://www.ProjectPhoenixMedia.com
Follow Me On Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/MoNeYINPHX
Become friends with us: http://www.facebook.com/GDVideos
Earn free stuff on Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MoNeYINPHX
Tutorial request form:
vstPower Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com//groups/vstPower
Copyright © 2015 Project Phoenix Media – All Rights Reserved